Thursday, December 9, 2010

This is what our room looks like...


I packed everything in one day. 
As if we were leaving tomorrow or something. 
Except we're not.
But we could if all that mattered was having everything packed!
I feel like I did when I was ten, packing for Disney World two weeks before leaving, and then having to unpack half of my stuff because I still needed it.
That's me right now. Just waiting to go to Disney World and look at Magic Kingdom in wonder at how I ever lived without it. 
But there is one major thing that's different now from when I was ten. 
When I was ten, the days passed slowly, threatening to never end.
These days, on the contrary, are flying by faster than I can understand. 
Because this time, I'm not just leaving my little town for a quick vacation only to return the next week. This time, it's more like leaving Disney Land to live instead at Disney World. Leaving a place I love and never thought I would leave for a place that suits me just a tiny bit better. I'm trading a good thing for another good thing.
And although I'd rather it be this way than another, it still means that I have to leave good things behind. Very good things, that I wish I could just pack up and take with me. Unfortunately, they're all people who would probably notice if I tried stuffing them into boxes... 

1 comment:

  1. I need a dose of your energy over this way!! Have you started counting down the days yet?

    ReplyDelete