Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Remember...

every Christmas Eve, my sister and I would build a fort in one of our rooms and stay up as late as we could to try and catch "Santa" in the act. One year, it finally paid off. Sure enough, Santa came peaking in on the two little girls pretending to be asleep. Only he wasn't your typical Santa dressed in red...he actually looked more like my dad in his underwear. Que uncontrollable laughter from two little girls trying to stifle snort inducing hilarity in a silent house...unsuccessfully. I guess Mr. and Mrs. Claus must have been deaf that night because shortly after, we heard them hauling gifts to the living room. And once the coast was clear, what did we do? Uhuh, tip-toed right out there to lay eyes on all the pretty gifts under the tree. Oh the good old days :)

Sorry dad, I can't remember if we told you about that one yet...but it's true, and now the whole world knows!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why- but this makes me even more glad for my kiddos to be close in age, to have someone to do stuff like this with!! Fun story! :)

    ReplyDelete