Friday, December 3, 2010

Sleep, My Mammy, and Taco Bell

It's Friday and you know what that means! Oh, you don't? Well, it means it's 7:38 and I am ready for bed. No, not just ready, past ready. As in, I could have gone to sleep an hour ago. Legitimately people, I just had a conversation with Michael that I don't remember whatsoever. I texted him to ask if I hung up on him. Because really, I don't remember saying goodbye, or anything except for that he called me. I'm runnin' on empty. What I wouldn't give for twelve hours in pitch black silence.

Why, you ask? Because I can't sleep. Because my mind refuses to pause from it's whirlwind of thoughts and dreams and ideas and what-ifs. So basically I'm an insomniac. I can't really complain though, I'd much rather have it this way than close my eyes each night with nothing to dream about.

Aaannnnd if you're wondering why I'm posting this two hours later than when I started, it's because I just got off the phone with my momma. aka my inside woman, my marketing agent, my co-dreamer, my MAMMY (that was for you, mom...enjoy). Anyway, we just had a nice little chit chat about all the ways she's been hooking us up back on the home-front. Let me tell you, she is quite the string-puller. And then, mid convo, she made my dad drive all the way across town to Taco Bell since he was going to get a slurpy (at 10:30 pm mind you...normal) from the gas station that's two minutes away from my house. And on top of that, she ate it right in my ear and talked about how good it was. So now I'm starving...and going to Taco Bell.

And then I've got a date with the Sandman.

GOOD NIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment