Friday, December 3, 2010

How did it get to be Thursday?

Well, apparently Wednesday is my new skip day. Sorry about that, and I'm still not sure how it got to be Thursday. And since I have SO much to fill you in on, I guess Thursday is as good a day as any to be an "update day."

Now for the update. Wait, hold on one second, I need to do another happy dance to get rid of this excitement long enough to finish this post...

Ok. Really, if I could insert a drum roll, I would. It's that big. Just do it yourself.

.....................................insert dramatic silence.....................................

WE'RE MOVING BACK HOME IN LESS THAN THREE WEEKS! LIKE INDIANA. AS IN MY GRANDMA'S FARM HOUSE. A HOUSE. BY OURSELVES. I AM A GROWN UP!

Ok, deep breath.

So, Michael and I will be moving back to Cville indefinitely, and we couldn't be more excited! (in case that wasn't already clear...I really feel like writing this entire post in capital letters in order to properly express my enthusiasm, but I think that might get a little overwhelming)

Anyways, I know you're all dying to have details, so I'll try. But cut me some slack, so much has happened in the past two days that I'm sure I sound like a rambling nutcase... BUT, basically, we I have been stressing out, looking for "real" jobs and housing in CO in time to have our own place by mid December. No such luck. Every door was closed and we were beginning to wonder if maybe we weren't supposed to be here after all. And on top of that, Michael decided not to finish grad school as it is not necessary for his career, and right now it's just not in the budget. So really, we have nothing holding us here (aside from the family and friends who we will miss waaay too much).

We were in a season of waiting for a solid month where we were seeking and praying that the Lord would give us direction and discernment and then provide a way for us to follow in His instruction. We were totally content in knowing that He would provide in His time. We knew that He knew, even though we hadn't the slightest clue. But even knowing that, it's hard not to feel the pressure, and when time seems to be running out it's not super fun having no idea what your next step will be. And now that we know, I could not be more thankful, relieved, excited and just amazed by His goodness.

Anyways, after talking to my dad for a good while the other night, we learned that my grandma's old farm house will be vacant sometime in January, giving us the opportunity to have a home to live in for an unbelievably affordable price. And on top of that, we get to be back in Indiana, back with our family, our friends, and our church. We get to be home. Although Colorado is beyond gorgeous, and arguably one of the most amazing places to live in the entire US, it's just not home. Home, for us, is a place surrounded by family and friends, a small town with land to be farmed, teams to be coached, people to be photographed and lives to love on.

It's amazing that in just two days so many questions have been answered and so many doors have been opened. God is good.

And remember that house I was wishing for, oh, three days ago?! The one with walls and doors and doorknobs and windows? It's here! Granted it's not really our home in the sense of ownership. But, it's not just any home either. It's the home my grandma raised my daddy and his seven brothers and sisters in. My aunt's and uncles who I love so much. I'm so amazed. So thankful.

Proverbs 3:5-8 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct you paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones. 

***disclaimer*** I'm not actually a real grown up, I only try really hard to look like one. But sometimes I eat popcorn for dinner and cookie dough for breakfast and sleep in too late and listen to silly music and basically act like I'm eleven. It's a miracle that I manage to get the bills paid on time and keep up with laundry. But truthfully, I probably need adult supervision more often than not. But hey, that's why I married a 25 year old!

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    Praise the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! We're so happy for you guys :) Man, God is good...huh?! Enjoy your last weeks in CO and have a safe trek back here to good ol' Indiana :)

    P.S. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete