Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You know what they say, seek and you will find...


Well, it's true.

I'd love to finally write about what I've been learning lately, and I apologize in advance if I all too closely resemble a fire hose, but honestly that's how it's been for me as of late - the Lord has just been blasting me with lesson after lesson, truth after truth after truth and I'm feeling a little beat up, but more than anything refreshed and really full of water... (I realize that's like a triple run-on sentence, but I don't know how to deal with it and I like the way it sounds, so please excuse my grammatical faults and continue on.)

So. (That's always a good place to start I think, or maybe I just have an abnormal desire to start everything that way? I just feel like it appropriately relates that there's much, much more to come; it kind of says, "buckle up and put on your big girl panties because we're only getting started," you know? Am I alone in this? Am I making "so" way more important than it is? Yes? Ok, I know. Moving on. 

So. Anyways. Once upon a time. Take your pick.

The point is, I just started a new devo called A Call to Die by David Nasser. It's actually not new, I did it this time last year and loved it, so I'm doing it again this year and guess what? I love it again! In Nasser's words it's a, "40 day journey of fasting from the world and feasting on God."

I cannot even begin to relay to you everything that I am learning and re-learning through this process. So I'm kind of feeling like I should summarize every single day just so I don't miss anything. On second thought, that would mean I would have to blog every day. Oh, commitment... Funny thing is, you are supposed to make a 40 day commitment to the Lord as a part of the journey (which I've already done) but I'm thinking that this could be a beautiful thing - blogging everyday about what I've learned. And it would hold me frighteningly accountable for actually doing the devo. This my friends is a perfect example of the war against my flesh. Ok, I'm doing it. 

I, Lexi Russell, solemnly swear on this day, September 14, 2010 that I will blog about each day's teachings from A Call to Die for the allotted forty days. Amen.

This post is getting too long already, and because I'm a neat freak and perfectionist, I think it best to start a new post for each day. I just finished day four which means I've got some catching up to do. Lord, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment