Friday, June 25, 2010

Daddy's Girl

It's true, I'm a daddy's girl. And I know it's a little late for a Father's Day post, but better late than never right? (story of my life...) We celebrated Father's Day as a family on Monday by going to Pine Hills for a 95 degree extra humid hiking adventure. We got a little whiny as the hike went on (girls, bugs and heat don't mesh well) but, as always, dad lightened the mood when we got to a little creek that ran along side the trail. We were crossing through the ankle-deep water when he handed me his phone, keys and wallet and announced that he was going to lay down in the water. Eyebrows raised, I watched as he proceeded to lower himself into the stream and scream as he submerged himself in the freezing water. Needless to say, we all laughed our heads off and the rest of the hike was packed with lots of fun, pictures and clay face paint.

  So it begins...
...

 Just one of the many reasons I love my daddy. All my life he has supported me and encouraged me to be whatever I wanted to be. He made me feel beautiful and special, and loved me in a way that made it easy for me to believe in God's love. Between my mom and dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, I have been loved well. I know how blessed I am to have experienced such love, and I am so thankful for the love of the two greatest father's of all.

This weekend I went through tons of pictures and found these gems to share with you from the good ole' days... (plus a few recent ones)

Love.
I never liked getting dressed up.
Itty bitty.
My favorite shoulder.
Very classy.
Best big sister ever, folks.
Then... (so photogenic)
Now.
Daddy's girls.
Momma's girls.
Sisters.
Best picture ever. (Click to enlarge)
Monkey see...
Family.
Face paint.
Dad wanted to help too.
Best pic of the day.
Second best.

Forgive my photo heavy post, but I had to cover a lot of ground. Hope you enjoyed! I'll be back soon for a sad, nostalgic post on leaving Indiana...

2 comments:

  1. LOVED IT!!!! You ARE dearly LOVED! Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! The children loved the pictures!! See you soon! - Robin

    ReplyDelete