Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beautiful


I'm sitting on the front porch of our beautiful new home, (rather the home of the wonderful family who has taken us in) in the beautiful, sunny, hot, humidity and bug free Colorado.  It's quiet, breezy, and you guessed it . . . just plain beautiful! We arrived Monday evening after a two day trek across the country and since then our days have been filled with two awesome little kids, a precious golden-doodle, lots of frisbee, football, back yard soccer, meals on the front porch, good conversation and lots of laughter. I could get used to this, but I'm a little afraid to because I know we are getting spoiled big time and someday soon we're going to come face to face with reality and realize that we need to get jobs, find financial aid for Seminary, pay off student loans and save up for a second car and maybe a down payment on a house somewhere down the road. Am I getting ahead of myself? Yes, I always do. But, this is just me thinking out loud so prepare yourself for a lot of Lexi getting ahead of herself...way, way ahead of herself.  

So here are my options, I could . . .
A. find a nanny position near our neighborhood.
B. enroll in a CNA program, get certified, find work, work for a year, become a resident, go to nursing school, spend lots of money, get a BSN, find work, have a stable job, have good insurance, make good money and support my full-time ministry zero income husband.
C. find a receptionist/secretary position.
D. be a complete overachiever and work at Starbucks...just like the good old days.
E. none of the above. 
F. win the lottery, or hope that someone who actually plays it wins and gives us 1/16 of it, then have children, start a photography business and live happily ever after. 

I choose F! 

Ok, back to reality. And reality is that I am equally not enthused by any of the above options. So, I'm just praying for direction and wisdom, because I know that this is only a season in our lives and the Lord has a plan for it. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out what it is, and do it. But don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to find a solid temporary job opportunity, and any of the said options would be fine. It's just that I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing any of them. Actually, I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing anything other than being a wife and mother, playing around with photography, working alongside my husband in the church, and making a difference in the lives of those around me. As far as I know, there's no degree for that. So for now, I'll just follow where He leads and rest in His sovereignty. 

Matthew 6:32-34 ...For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


1 comment:

  1. Lexi, you are beautiful inside and out! Michael is so blessed to have you as his wife and we are so blessed to have you in the Russell family. Love you very much.
    Mama Russ:)

    ReplyDelete