Monday, November 29, 2010

Miscellaneous Monday

I realize that's not original.
And I know that some blogger woman out there has probably claimed it already and has a cute little button with copy rights and the whole bit. But, really. It's so unoriginal that I don't think anyone should be able to claim it. And since I need some structure to my blogging, I thought it would be helpful to have some sort of category for each day that would make it a little easier for me to get in a routine. I have yet to figure out the rest of the week. Maybe a photo post, an update day, and something that actually requires thought at least one day a week. We'll see how that goes. But today is all about random.

One. Two and Three
I miss basketball. Like really, seriously miss everything about it. And by basketball, I mean everything but my one year of college basketball (although I do miss the girls...shout out to LJ cool J). I miss getting ready for practice after school, and then sitting around forever afterward, too exhausted to get dressed and go home...quality time with KJ, slowest person EVER. I miss being in amazing shape, praying centercourt after every game, long bus rides full of singing and Alex reading cosmo, skipping practice when you couldn't find your jersey, rocking out before games to Lecrae, chanting GO GO BETTY, GO GO GO BETTY. Oh, the good old days. I miss all the girls and Coach Haas and T$. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could...but only if I could still be married!

Four.
I love Chipotle. I could eat it every day, along with Jamba Juice.

Five.
Michael just wrote an 18 page paper, and I feel like a proud mother...or wife? Only a few weeks left until his semester is over and we move on to who knows what. That's not terrifying or anything. 

Six.
I think I've spent eight hours every day for the past 800 days searching and applying for jobs. How many ways can I spell AWESOME. 

Seven.
I want a house. With walls that I can paint whatever color my heart desires. With doors and door nobs and windows and maybe a fireplace. That will be the day.

Eight.
I've been wearing men's knee high socks lately, and I'm a big fan. So warm, and very fashionable. It's hard being this cool, really. 

Nine.
300 is such a great movie. Hello, Gerard Butler...you're almost as attractive as my husband. Almost.

Ten.
I love Christmas. I am praying my heart out that we get to go home. And if we do, I will enjoy my evenings by the fireplace mesmerized by the glow of the Christmas tree with a cup of apple cider, and if I'm really lucky there might even be snow. Heaven.

Eleven.
I miss my cat Cutie so much I could cry. 

Twelve.
I'm in need of a good read. 

Thirteen.
I'm in need of a good sleep.
Nighty night.

2 comments: