Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Am Thankful

I've really enjoyed the month of November and the constant reminder that I have so much to be thankful for, not just the 25 days leading up to Thanksgiving, but everyday of the year. So I've been making it a habit to begin each day, from the moment I open my eyes, by being still and thanking God.

There is so much to be thankful for. But today, I could not be more thankful for my husband. For waking up each morning and stretching my legs, only to bump into his. For rolling over to the sleepy smile that never fails to welcome me each day. I am so thankful.

No matter how many things Michael may not be, I love him for all that he is. I know now that even the things that drive me nuts, are the things that make him him, and I wouldn't change a thing. Because to change one thing would be to trade another, and I'm just not willing to do that.

He loves me so well, and he makes me happier than I ever imagined was possible. He never stops making me laugh...or at least trying [For instance, he is currently singing a made up song while he writes his paper in the basement thinking no one else can hear him. And when I texted him that I just ordered some padded walls for him, he started singing even louder.]

But really, I am so thankful to have him in my life, by my side everyday, knowing he's not going anywhere. Knowing that he will never stop being the glue that holds me together when I feel like the next breath might shatter me into tiny misshaped pieces. He is my shoulder, my friend, my lover, and my constant reminder that life is only as wonderful as the people you share it with.



 

1 comment:

  1. the tears are rolling.. you are so blessed that you have found someone that makes you this happy. and i am so blessed that God mad that someone be my brother. thanks for writing this, it gives all of us single folk a little ounce of hope <3

    ReplyDelete