Sunday, August 15, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

I married my bestfriend :) 


 After much too long, I am back to the world of blogging and excited to write about the whirlwind of a summer this has been. We have moved to Colorado, driven to and from Indiana for a wedding, gone to Aspen...twice, visited Chris in CO Springs, we've been whitewater rafting, gone hiking in Fort Collins, driven to Utah and back, stayed with my aunt and uncle for a weekend and now we're finally catching our breath and wondering where the time has gone.

This time last year, if you'd have asked me what I thought I would be doing right now; well, I wouldn't have cared much (this time last year I was about two hours into being married...) but if I had to answer, it would have gone something like playing basketball and working towards an art degree at Olivet while Michael searched for a steady job in the suburbs of Chicago. I wince just thinking about that idea, and I cannot tell you how thankful I am to be out from all that was Illinois. All that to say-God is so good, and when you follow Him, He never fails to lead you exactly where He wants you. And what better place to be than exactly where God wants you?

I think that's why Illinois was such a restless time for us. Not because it was that awful, but because we both knew that we were never supposed to be there in the first place. But, God is faithful and really does work all things for the good. So here we are now, smack dab in the middle of God's will for us, as happy as we've ever been. And today, we're celebrating our first year together.

It was such an awesome anniversary. We didn't do anything special at all; we just relaxed, went to church, had lunch with another great couple, took a nice Sunday afternoon nap, ate dinner with the Kenyons, watched football and took Truman for a walk. It was such a sweet and simple day that we both so enjoyed.

I think it's safe to say that church was the highlight of the day for both of us. We met some new friends at DU's campus to try out their church and were so blown away by the entire service. Michael and I were both overwhelmed by the worship. Not so much the music as the actual act of worshiping collectively as an entire church body. Every person there sang with reckless abandon, arms outstretched in shameless worship. It was such a real and liberating experience to remember that everyone isn't watching you, and that you are singing to God, and only God. It was refreshing to say the least, and a great way to start the week.

I'll be back soon to give each adventure of the summer it's due glory. Lot's of pictures and stories to follow. It's good to be back.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Welcome back! I was hoping you weren't giving up on blogging.
    Every time you talk about CO, I decide that I need to plan a vacation out there. Maybe one day. :)
    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete